BancorpSouth Bank – The bank was founded in 1876. Finally, in 1987, it merged with First Mississippi National Bank and became BancorpSouth, which was the first statewide bank in Mississippi, a wholly owned subsidiary of BancorpSouth, Inc.
- Find Branch Locations and Hours
- Website – www.bancorpsouth.com
- Customer Service Telephone – 1(888)-797-7711
- Routing Number – 084201278
- Swift Number – It does not makes part of SWIFT network
In order to conduct a wire or transfer money domestically or internationally the sender will be required to have a BancorpSouth Bank routing number : Routing Number 084201278 SWIFT Code Not directly connected to the SWIFT network. Where to Find On Check How to Wire Money In order to transfer funds, the best way BancorpSouth recommends is to […]
Secure Login | Enroll in Online Banking BancorpSouth Bank provides its clients a full range of financial services online 24/7. You can access your account from whenever you are just by using a computer or a mobile device. You can pay bills, check account balances, transfer funds and more. How to Login If you already have a BancorpSouth […]
ONLINE BILL PAY
Works For You 24/7.
Being able to take care of your banking needs anywhere and anytime by simply using your laptop or mobile device isn’t a luxury anymore, it’s a necessity. Whether you need to pay a bill, set up bill reminders or view your bill history, BancorpSouth is right where you are with the ease and convenience of Online Banking and Bill Pay.
Skimmer Fraud – Be Alert
Skimmer fraud is on the rise at ATMs and gas pumps. Just what is this type of fraud and how can it affect you?
Over the past few years, skimmer fraud has increased at ATMs and gas pumps. Any payment terminal is subject to these attacks, including our BXS ATMs. You can help in early detection and reporting by taking a moment to familiarize yourself with these basics.
What is a skimmer?
Skimmers are fake card readers that are attached to a payment terminal such as an ATM or gas pump where you swipe your credit or debit card. Typically, these devices are small and fit directly over an existing card reader, often going unnoticed. Here’s how they work:
An unknowing victim swipes a card at an ATM or gas pump – unaware that a skimmer is attached to the card reader. The information on the card’s magnetic strip is gathered by an identity thief, who then either clones the victim’s card or sells the data to another thief. The thieves will use the victim’s card information to make unauthorized purchases up to the card credit limit or beyond, all without the victim’s knowledge.
The fraudsters may even take it a step further by placing hidden cameras in the vicinity of the keypad to see and record the PIN.
How can you protect yourself from skimmer fraud?
- Carefully inspect the payment terminal before you insert your card. If anything looks different, do not use it. Maybe the keyboard does not match the rest of the machine. The dispenser might have tape on it that seals the door. Look for scratches or adhesive residue. Jiggle the card reader. If it’s loose, don’t use it. If it’s difficult to insert your card, stop and report it.
- Cover your PIN. No matter where you enter your PIN, cover it so that no one sees your number, and you’ll limit your exposure to fraud – especially if the fraudster has installed a camera. If you are typing in your PIN and the keypad feels stiff or difficult to press, stop and report it.
- At gas stations, always use a gas pump that is close to the station attendant — stay away from pumps hidden from the attendant’s view.
- Set up alerts on your accounts. One of the best ways to be notified if any fraud occurs on your account is to set up automatic alerts. By setting up alerts, if your balance falls below a certain level, or an unauthorized transaction is made, you receive notification immediately.You can quickly set up alerts on your BXS accounts through online banking.
- Review your account activity regularly and report unauthorized activity immediately.
If something doesn’t feel right, don’t use it. Awareness is a big part of staying safe. If you suspect anything suspicious, report it to local law enforcement. Using these tips will help you avoid being a victim of skimming fraud and keep your accounts safe and secure.
If you feel you’ve been a victim of this or any other type of fraud, please call us immediately at 888-797-7711.
JOIN AMERICA in Learning the Importance of Saving
We are a proud recipient of the 2018 America Saves Designation of Savings Excellence for Banks, a designation from America Saves which recognizes banks that go above and beyond to encourage people to save money during America Saves Week.