How to Enroll
Right below login area you’ll find “Enroll in Online Banking”. Click there. You’ll be redirected to another page with the information about the online banking service and the requirements to apply. Click on “Sign up now”
You can enroll using :
- 4 digit PIN
- Telephone Banking PIN
- UnionBank ATM card
Choose one of the options and click on “Next”. In order to complete the process you’ll need to fill in with:
- Social security number
- Account type
- Number of account
- ZIP code
- Check card number and pin
- Credit card number and security code
After completing all the requests you’ll create a new user ID and password. Read and check the terms and conditions and after you agree with them your online banking account will be ready to use.
You can also do it in person by finding the nearest branch.
If you still have doubts contact UnionBank : 1(800)238-4486
How to Log in
On UnionBank’s main page you’ll find in the upper left the access to your online banking account (see image below).
Just type your User ID, you’ll be redirected to another page where you will put your password.
With UnionBank online banking you’ll have access to financial features as:
- Transfer funds
- Pay bills
- Check balances
- Schedule payments
If you still don’t have an online banking account, don’t worry. It’s really easy to enroll.
UnionBank Responsibility for Unauthorized Transactions
Federal Regulation E provides certain protections against loss resulting from unauthorized Online Banking or Mobile Banking transfers from your personal account, such as bill payments or transfers to other accounts. These protections do not apply to business purpose accounts, regardless of account ownership.
If you give your online PIN or access code to another person, you take responsibility for all transactions made by that person or by anyone else to whom that person gives the PIN or code, directly or indirectly, until you notify us to cancel your online service. If you download account information to your computer, you take responsibility for protecting the downloaded information from access by unauthorized persons.
You will not be responsible for any unauthorized online transaction, provided you report the first incident to us within 60 calendar days after the date of the first statement where the transaction is shown. If you do not report it to us within that time period, you could be held responsible for unauthorized transactions that occur after the 60 days. Thus, it is important for you to check your statement or Online Banking Account Detail screen regularly and report any unauthorized activity to us immediately.
If your online PIN or access code is lost or stolen and you tell us within 2 Business Days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50 due to unauthorized activity using your PIN or code. If you do not tell us within 2 Business Days, you could lose as much as $500 if we can prove that we could have stopped the unauthorized activity if you had told us.
If you believe there has been an error with an online transfer or payment and you notify us within 60 calendar days after the transaction first appears on your account statement, we will either:
- Make a determination within 10 Business Days after we hear from you; or
- Take up to 90 calendar days to investigate. If we do this, we will credit your account within 10 Business Days for the transaction you think is in error. You will have use of the funds while we investigate.
UnionBank Tips for Safe Online & Mobile Banking
We invest in technology and processes to secure the electronic environment for all of your financial transactions, data transmissions, and communications. However, online security and protection of your identity and personal information is a team effort. That’s why we recommend you take steps to shield yourself and your computer from attempts to obtain your personal information electronically:
- Do not share your user ID or password with anyone.
- Do not send or receive personal or account information by unsecure or unencrypted email.
- Use Online Banking to check your account balance and transactions regularly. Notify us immediately of unexpected account activity. Set account alerts when using Online Banking. For more information on account alerts please click here.
- Never respond to, click any link in, or open an attachment in an email that requests information about you or your accounts. UnionBank never makes such requests. If you accidentally click or respond to such requests, contact us immediately.
Here are some additional steps you can take to protect yourself:
- Create Effective Passwords . They’re an essential first line of defense in protecting yourself and your information.
- Be on the alert for Phishing , a process in which fraudsters try to commit fraud through illegitimate emails, text messages, and instant messages.
- Use anti-spyware software to protect your computer from dangerous Spyware and other dangerous software that distant hackers may use to extract sensitive information from your computer.
- Download the latest system security updates and patches to your computer and mobile device.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions under Mobile Banking and Online Banking and the Computer and Mobile Device Requirements for more information on security requirements and tips to have a safe Online and Mobile Banking experience.